Five-Falls Guide Stick
An “Old School Stick,” handcrafted for guiding and steep creeks. This straight blade is named after the Five-Falls on Section 4 of the Chattooga River. It comes standard with an epoxy dynel tip, edging and sleeve then encapsulated in an epoxy glass composite, followed by additional coats of West Systems. Sized to length, then personalized with one’s name, serial number and signed, the Five-Falls can also be custom ordered with an epoxy carbon-fiber blade. Attention to care and maintenance will extend the life of the paddle for those enjoyable days on the river.
Five Falls Construction
- Straight bade hollowed core shaft
- Epoxy tip, edging, sleeve
- Encapsulated in a glass epoxy composite
- Appalachian hardwood, ash, basswood
- Straight blade with rounded tip
- Sized to length
- Personalized, name, serial # and signed
To place an inscription on the paddle or for custom options not listed please use the “Comment Box” when completing the order form or call Fritz.
- Appalachian hardwoods, mahogany or special request
- Accented pin-strips request
Blade Design Options:
- Fan-tail, curved or straight
- Custom blades by shape, by area or tip shape
- Aluminum tip by request
- Encapsulated carbon fiber epoxy blade (add $50)
- If you have a preference but don’t see it here please contact Fritz. Each paddle is sculpted with fine hand tools.
- Veneer art
- Fan-tail: 8.125” by 19.5”
- Slalom: 8.25” by 19.5”