Selway Canoe Paddle
Named after the Selway River in Idaho, Fritz designed and handcrafts this blade for Class III rivers to steep creeks, where performance is essential. The Selway is a curved blade design finished with a carbon fiber epoxy power face, dynel tip, edging and sleeve for added strength and durability. Fritz carves each with fine hand tools to achieve a balanced, agile feel and fit then sized to your desired length. The Selway is a time tested blend of performance and art that captures the heritage of whitewater canoeing.
- Laminated hollow shaft with sculpted core
- Dynel epoxy composite: tip, edging and shaft shelve
- Carbon epoxy power-face standard on Selway
- Encapsulated in an epoxy S-glass composite
- Walnut, aspen, basswood, ash woods
- Slalom curved blade design
- Sized to length.
- Personalized: name, serial # and signed.
To place an inscription on the paddle or for custom options not listed please use the “Comment Box” when completing the order form or call Fritz.
- Appalachian hardwoods, mahogany or special request
- Accented pin-strips request
Blade Design Options:
- Fan-tail, curved or straight
- Slalom, curved or straight
- Custom blades by shape, by area or tip shape
- Aluminum tip by request
- If you have a preference but don’t see it here please contact Fritz. Each paddle is sculpted with fine hand tools.
- Veneer art
- Fan-tail: 8.125” by 19.5”
- Slalom: 8.25” by 19.5”